Alexander Gruezo is an independent personal trainer and nutrition coach based in New York City. He also currently teaches martial arts and is a Filipino Martial Arts instructor for Kuntaw Kali Kruzada Headquarters as well as his own school. And when he’s not doing any of that, he moonlights as an educator in the fitness industry.
Alexander Gruezo has an M.S. in Exercise Science and Health Promotion and a B.S. in Psychobiology. He has worked in the fitness industry for over 15 years and in different capacities. He previously served as Fitness Manager for Equinox, managing at their locations on 43rd Street, 92nd Street, and Greenwich Avenue. He also served as Master Instructor as well where he was responsible for teaching the curriculum of the Equinox Fitness Training Institute, the companyʼs in-house education program.
He has also served as education coordinator and instructor for the American Academy of Personal Training, a New York State licensed personal training school. There he was responsible for maintaining and updating the quality of their certificate program and continuing education courses in both their New York and Boston locations. He was responsible for the supervision of their instructors as well.
Alexander Gruezo is also former faculty at the Swedish Institute College of Health Sciences where he taught classes for their Advanced Personal Training degree program. These classes included Anatomy, Physiology, Myology, and Kinesiology amongst others.
His certifications include but are not limited to:
- CSCS (National Strength and Conditioning Association)
- PES (National Academy of Sports Medicine)
- PN Level 2 Coach (Precision Nutrition)
- Weightlifting Club Coach (USA Weightlifting)
- Kettlebell Master Instructor (Kettlebell Concepts) – he is responsible for teaching their CEC approved Level 1 Instructor Training course
- KIPS True Mace Training Instructor (Kinesiology Institute for Performance Specialists)
- New Breed Macebell Instructor
- R-phase, I-phase (Z Health)
- Pre-Post Natal
- CPR and AED (American Heart Association)
His martial arts background include:
- Filipino Martial Arts
- Kuntaw Kali Kruzada System – 5th Degree Black Belt/Godan Senior Instructor under Shihan Alfredo Acosta
- International Modern Arnis Federation Philippines
- Kali Arnis International – Punong Guro/Master Instructor under Grandmaster Vicente Sanchez
- Lightning Scientific Kali Federation – 1st Degree Black Belt/Shodan Full Instructor under Shihan Alfredo Acosta
- Brazilian Jiu Jitsu
- Clockwork Jiu Jitsu – Blue Belt
- Tae Kwon Do
- Rafael “Spider” Rodriguez – Purple Belt
- Additional Experience
- Muay Thai
- Japanese Jujutsu
He is a firm believer in the philosophy of Kaizen (constant improvement) and when he’s not doing his physical activities, he is constantly studying ways to improve all other areas of his life.